The monastery Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling
Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Germany-Austria was founded in 2004 in the former Guth zu Rath located outside the town of Scharnstein. It follows in the tradition of the Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery in Kathmandu, whose abbot, Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche, is also the main master and patron of the center.
The White Monastery, as Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling is affectionately known, was founded in 1974 by the great Dzogchen master Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche (1920-1996) with his two eldest sons Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche. Today it is one of four related monasteries that house, care for and train more than 600 monks and nuns.
In our tradition, the teachings of two of the four schools of Tibetan Buddhism are taught and practiced: Nyingma and Kagyu.